Vim capable IDE?

Chris Lasher chris.lasher at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 10:16:11 EDT 2005

Thanks for your responses, guys. I can't get the PIDA page to come up
for me; server timeout error. I'll have to look into Eclipse more, but
I've been warned that it's resource greedy and that the VI plugin
doesn't provide very much functionality. Still, that's hearsay, so I'll
have to find out for myself.

I would have figured Vim or VI editing behavior would be a lot more
prevalent in IDEs but it seems to be quite rare. I don't understand
that, because a lot of people seem to use IDEs, and a lot of people
seem to use VI/Vim or Emacs. Is it the young guns that are tied to the
IDEs, never knowing powerful text-editors exist, and old dogs sticking
to their favorite editors, not giving in to all those "distracting"
bells and whistles of IDEs? What's the deal? A marriage of the two
would seem like the best of both worlds.

Chris