Python vs Ruby

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Sun Oct 23 07:43:14 EDT 2005

Mike Meyer wrote:

> There were studies done in the 70s that showed that programmers
> produced the same number of debugged lines of code a day no matter
> what language they used. So a language that lets you build the same
> program with fewer lines of code will let you build the program in
> less time.

In my experience the LOC count is *far* less significant than the levels
of indirections.

Eg. how many levels of abstraction do I have to understand to follow a
traceback, or to understand what a method relly does in a complex system.

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark

http://www.mxm.dk/
IT's Mad Science