Microsoft Hatred FAQ

Aragorn stryder at telenet.invalid
Tue Oct 18 12:42:01 EDT 2005

On Tuesday 18 October 2005 05:32, Richard Steiner stood up and spoke the
following words to the masses in /comp.os.linux.misc...:/

> Here in comp.os.linux.misc,
> John Wingate <johnww at worldpath.net> spake unto us, saying:
>
>>Peter T. Breuer <ptb at oboe.it.uc3m.es> wrote:
>
>>> It seems to me that I was using 3.x. Maybe it was 3.1? I seem to
>>> remember an earlier major ... was there a 2.8 or 2.9?
>>
>>Dunno.  The first version I used was 3.4, in 1987.
>
> MS-DOS 3.3 was the most popular DOS release back in 1987/1988.  I
> don't recall there ever being a 3.4 release, though.

There wàs indeed a version 3.4, but I don't know whether this was
MS-DOS.  IBM did have a PC-DOS 3.4 at one stage, where it offered the
purchaser of the PS/2 series computers the choice between DOS 3.4 and
DOS 4.00.

However, Peter was of course not talking of DOS. ;-)

--
With kind regards,

*Aragorn*
(Registered Gnu/Linux user #223157)