strange problems with urllib2

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Thu Oct 27 02:15:20 EDT 2005

"jdonnell" <jaydonnell at gmail.com> wrote:

>When I run this code on windows it runs quickly (about a second per
>image) but when I run it on linux it runs very very slowly (10+ seconds
>per image). Is this a bug or am I missing something? On windows I tried
>2.4.2 and 2.4.1 on linux i'm running 2.4.1

That kind of thing is often caused by DNS problems.  Are you running named
on your Linux machine?  Have you double-checked that the named
configuration and /etc/resolv.conf is correct?

How long does it take for you to do this:
    wget http://site.heavenlytreasures.com/images/e6115.jpg
- Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.