How to make command history persistent?

vbfoobar at gmail.com vbfoobar at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 05:21:05 EDT 2005

Hello,

My question is:
  Is there an easy mean to make Python "command history"
  persistent across interpreter invokations?

PS:
  In the case the question above is not clear, I rephrase
  it below verbosely...
  When I work from the Python prompt, I enjoy features
  like command line editing and searching/recalling
  previous lines of code from the history.
  (This is similar to working from a Unix shell prompt.)
    But I would like, in addition, be able to keep the history
  from one session to another (when I quit Python, the history
  is lost, but I would like to retrieve it each time In
  invoke again Python interactively).

Thanks