textwidget.tag_bind("name", "<Any-KeyPress>", self.donothing) not working

shannonl shannonlayland at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 15:46:40 EDT 2005

I don't know if Tk supports this or not.  I guess it just made since to
me that it should.  If you can bind events to a tag then why not a tag
inside a text widget.  The actual bind itself works.  donothing() is
called, the problem is that after donothing() is called and I return
"break", Tk continues to insert the text entered.  I am just try to
lock down one particular part of a text line while leaving the rest of
the line, which has a different tag, alone.