Extention Woes

Dave Brueck dave at pythonapocrypha.com
Wed Oct 19 16:47:19 EDT 2005

Tuvas wrote:
> I am in the process of writing an extention module, and am coming up
> with lots of problems.

This isn't a direct answer to your question, but what sort of extension is it?
Do you need to actually write a Python extension?

I ask because I've all but stopped writing Python extension modules and just use
ctypes instead (i.e. write your module as a normal .dll or .so that exports some
functions, and then use ctypes to call them).

There are probably some cases where this approach isn't a good fit, but it has
worked really well for me for a lot of different applications.

Best of luck,
-Dave