Microsoft Hatred FAQ

Roedy Green my_email_is_posted_on_my_website at munged.invalid
Thu Oct 27 06:47:44 EDT 2005

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 16:31:41 GMT, Roedy Green
<my_email_is_posted_on_my_website at munged.invalid> wrote, quoted or
indirectly quoted someone who said :

>I used to be a retailer of custom computers.  MS used a dirty trick to
>compete with IBM's OS/2.  They said to me as a retailer. You must buy
>a copy of our OS for EVERY machine you sell.  The alternative is to
>pay full retail for the OSes.

Through intimidation, MS managed to control the entire retail computer
market  in Vancouver BC to the extent you could not buy even the most
stripped down computer  without having to buy a copy of Windows with
it, whether you wanted it or not.

You might not want it because you bought OS/2.

You might not want it because you already owned Windows from your
older machine you were upgrading.

You might not want it because somebody stole your machine and they did
not steal all your software masters.

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.