Reply-To header

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Mon Oct 3 18:09:45 EDT 2005

Roel Schroeven <rschroev_nospam_ml at fastmail.fm> writes:
> Is that really the desired behaviour? IMO the least you can do if you're
> searching for help is subscribing to the mailing list on which you're
> looking for help. Me and many others don't like to receive replies
> directly instead of via the mailing list; it's of no use, since we're
> subscribed to the mailing list anyway.

Rather than asking everyone else to modify their behavior for your
convenience, why don't you fix the problem at your end? Check to see
if the list will filter duplicates for you. Check to see if your
mailer will filter duplicates for you. Or grit and bear it. You'll
almost certainly get less unwanted mail from people who send you
duplicates in reply to your messages than they would get from
subscsribing to the list.

In short - starting thinking about the greater good rather than your
own best interest.

   <mike