Jargons of Info Tech industry

Roel Schroeven rschroev_nospam_ml at fastmail.fm
Sun Oct 9 12:14:32 EDT 2005

Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 23:39:27 +0000, John Bokma wrote:
>

>>Rich Teer <rich.teer at rite-group.com> wrote:

>>>WHat the hell has that got to do with HTML email?
>>
>>The photo doesn't have to be included (as in attached)? with the email?
>

> I'll repeat the question: what do attachments have to do with HTML emails?

His reply wasn't exactly clear, but I that he means that wen you use HTM
mail, you don't have to attach the photo with the email. You can also
use the HTML to refer to an image somewhere on a webserver.

Doesn't seem such a good idea to me, since the possibility of external
images gives spammers the possibility to track who opens their mails.

Roel Schroeven