Class Help

Ivan Shevanski darkpaladin79 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 1 18:58:45 EDT 2005

To continue with my previous problems, now I'm trying out classes.  But I
have a problem (which I bet is easily solveable) that I really don't get.
The numerous tutorials I've looked at just confsed me.For intance:

>>>class Xyz:
...     def y(self):
...             q = 2
>>>Xyz.y()
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
TypeError: unbound method y() must be called with Xyz instance as first
argument
(got nothing instead)

So. . .What do I have to do? I know this is an extremley noob question but I
think maybe if a person explained it to me I would finally get it =/

thanks in advance,

-Ivan