Missing modules '_ssl', 'ext.IsDOMString', 'ext.SplitQName'

Ron Adam rrr at ronadam.com
Wed Oct 26 09:58:06 EDT 2005

uid09012_ti at collinsrealtime.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> which file names do you mean?
>
> -Martin.

I've ran across a case where I copied a module from the python libs
folder to my source directory, it would work fine before I built with
py2exe, but afterwards it would give a file not found error.  I haven't
quite figures out why in this case.

To get around it, I renamed the file in my directory, by putting an
underscore in front of it and importing '_name as name' in my program.
Everything worked fine after that.

Another case is where I inadvertently had a file name in the file path
with the same name as a file I was trying to import.  In this case the
file would import in place of the library file, but then issue errors
for objects or sub modules not being found.

So if the modules '_ssl', 'ext.IsDOMString', 'ext.SplitQName' are in a
package, and you have a file in your source folder (or search path) with
the same name as the directory or file they are in, you could be
importing the wrong file and then not be finding the sub modules.

Like I said this is a guess, but I thought it might be worth mentioning
if nothing else to rule out file path problems like these.

Cheers,
    Ron