Help with chaos math extensions.

Brandon Keown prince_amir86 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 4 22:25:06 EDT 2005

Hi,

    I have programmed a fractal generator (Julia Set/Mandelbrot Set) in
python in the past, and have had good success, but it would run so
slowly because of the overhead involved with the calculation.  I
recently purchased VS .NET 2003 (Win XP, precomp binary of python
2.4.2rc1) to make my own extensions.  I was wondering if anyone could
help me figure out why I'm getting obscure memory exceptions (runtime
errors resulting in automatic closing of Python) with my extension.  It
seems to run okay if imported alone, but when accompanied in a list of
instructions such as a function it crashes.  I have implemented it in C
and C++, although I prefer the latter.  In C I got errors only with
certain ranges in my function.  I have attached my source to this email
and hope someone can help me.

Thanks,
Brandon