Recursive generators and backtracking search

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 29 17:19:42 EDT 2005

Talin <viridia at gmail.com> wrote:

> even simpler - for examle, the idea of being able to return the output
> of one generator directly from another instead of having to iterate
> through all of the results and then re-yield them has already been
> discussed in this forum.

I missed those discussions, having been away from the group for awhile.
To me, the simplification of changing, e.g.,

for x in whatever_other_iterable: yield x

into (say)

yield from whatever_other_iterable

is minute and not worth changing the syntax (even though something like
'yield from' would mean no keywords would need to be added).

Alex