Jargons of Info Tech industry

Roedy Green my_email_is_posted_on_my_website at munged.invalid
Sun Oct 16 12:42:36 EDT 2005

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 23:24:21 GMT, bokr at oz.net (Bengt Richter) wrote or
quoted :

>>I try to explain Java each day both on my website on the plaintext
>>only newsgroups. It is so much easier to get my point across in HTML.
>How about pdf?

End users HATE PDF.  Why?

It takes so long for the reader to load.

It is so slow on older machines to render and scroll.

My complaint with it is it is Adobe proprietary. This make the tools
very expensive.

I like PDF because:

1. documents have to be prepared before posting. This means you don't
have malformed syntax in them.

2. You can reasonably quickly turn computer printouts or paper
documents into web content.

3. You don't have to guess what the end user will see.
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.