Microsoft Hatred FAQ

David Blomstrom david_blomstrom at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 25 21:22:24 EDT 2005

A bit off topic, but it amazes me that people in the
web design/Internet industry don't take a more active
stance against Microsoft.

Think about it: The health care industry has been
privatized in the U.S. I spent sixteen years in
education, another institution that has been
privatized. (It has largely become another Microsoft
subsidiary.)

So here we have web designers, who are among the
freest people in the world, able to choose their
specialties, hours, fees and even where they work. Yet
they surrender to Microsoft's "standards" without a
fight.

Frankly, I think every self-respecting webmaster ought
to be campaigning against Microsoft on their websites.
Tiny, simple messages like "Microsoft-Free" or "If you
like George AWOL Bush, you'll love Bill Gates," could
go a long ways in educating the public.