Well written open source Python apps

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Thu Oct 13 20:04:28 EDT 2005

Ben wrote:
> Could anyone suggest an open source project that has particularly well
> written Python?  I am especially looking for code that people would
> describe as "very Python-ic".  (Not trying to start any kind of war -
> just wanted some good examples of a well written Python app to read.)

I'm sorry I can't speak on its "pythonicity" (my memory sucks), but I
did find Roger Binns' BitPim program (http://bitpim.sourceforge.net/) to
be an excellent source of ideas (steal steal steal) for wxPython code,
and I do remember it struck me as being exceptionally well commented and
well structured.  I suspect it's pretty Pythonic, too, since Roger seems
pretty brilliant from where I sit. :-)

-Peter