db.DB_CREATE|db.DB_INIT_MPOOL|db.DB_THREAD|db.DB_INIT_CDB

Neville C. Dempsey nevillednz.python at 3ttechnology.com
Fri Oct 28 01:57:37 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 12:30 -0400, Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 00:17:54 +0800, "Neville C. Dempsey" <nevillednz.python at 3ttechnology.com> wrote:
> >import bsddb # twiceopen.py

> >Maybe the solution needs one of:
> >  db.DB_CREATE|db.DB_INIT_MPOOL|db.DB_THREAD|db.DB_INIT_CDB

> Except I don't think btopen() supports half these operations.  You
> really want to use bsddb.db.DBEnv and bsddb.DB.  Or a library that
> wraps them more sensibly:
>  <http://divmod.org/users/viewcvs.twistd/trunk/atop/store.py?rev=9302&view=markup>.
> You probably don't want everything there, but the DatabaseEnvironment
> class (and supporting code) should be useful.

Hey thanks.... I saw a couple of other posting hinting at what your
"DB_INIT_TXN DB_CREATE DB_JOINENV" road map above....  I posted because
I was wondering if there was an easier path... Your posting indicates
that you have already walked this path.

  I was getting errors like:
o bsddb._db.DBPageNotFoundError: (-30988, 'DB_PAGE_NOTFOUND: Requested page not found')
o KeyError: 'xxxxxx'
o _bsddb.DBNotFoundError: (-30990, 'DB_NOTFOUND: No matching key/data pair found')

   For now the obvious work around is to only open the file once, and
with only one running program at a time.

  This gives me a chance to check out the alternatives.

> Jp
Cheer
NevilleDNZ