swig problem

"klemens letulé" klemens_letule at gmx.de
Tue Oct 25 08:30:51 EDT 2005

Aloa,

I'm new to python as to swig... so my question goes here. I am using swig to
call a c function which returns a char*.

I do this:

i = 1
while i <= 2:
    result, chainName = cgiServer.rpcGetTempParameterAttribut
                       ("//firewall-input[" + str(i) + "]")
    print chainName
    i = i + 1

output is:
gprs-in
eth0-in
    ~~~

and should be:
gprs-in
eth0

.i file:
%cstring_bounded_output(char *result, 1024);

int rpcGetTempParameterAttribut(char *xpathUri, char *result);

I tried some approaches to write typemaps but failed. Could someone point me
in the right direction, so that i get two different instances for the
variable in the loop. I am sure this simple problem occured earlier, but I
could't find it in the archives!

Thanks a lot and greets, Klemens