Python 2.4.2 HPUX-PARISC compile issues

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 02:32:21 EDT 2005

brian.toal at gmail.com wrote:
> When compiling HPUX for PARISC with the following environemnt variables
> I get the following errors.
>
> CFLAGS=+DD64 -fast
> CC=aCC
> LDFLAGS=+DD64
>
> What do I need to do in order to get this to compile?

This info should be in the README file for 2.4.2:

+ 	To build a 64-bit executable on an Itanium 2 system using HP's
+ 	compiler, use these environment variables:
+
+ 		CC=cc
+ 		CXX=aCC
+ 		BASECFLAGS="+DD64"
+ 		LDFLAGS="+DD64 -lxnet"
+
+ 	and call configure as:
+
+ 		./configure --without-gcc

Did you do that?

If so, you will probably have to track this down.  LONG_BIT is supposed
to be there according to POSIX AFAIK.  It would mean the wrong header
file wasn't included (unlikely) or that some #define prevented it from
being defined (more likely).

Good luck,