Microsoft Hatred FAQ

Aragorn stryder at telenet.invalid
Tue Oct 18 20:22:07 EDT 2005

On Wednesday 19 October 2005 01:41, John Bokma stood up and spoke the
following words to the masses in /comp.os.linux.misc...:/

> Steven D'Aprano <steve at REMOVETHIScyber.com.au> wrote:
>
>> Oh, and if you think I'm saying something shocking by suggesting that
>> somebody is a psychopath, I'm not. Something like one in five of the
>> general population are psychopaths,
>
> psychopaths according to DSM IV, or just some silly test from a
> magazine?

If I read him correctly, then he is referring to DSM IV, yes.

>> With training and/or a good dose of enlightened self-interest, most
>> psychopaths are perfectly capable of learning to not be selfish
>
> Yup, like everybody can become an olympic swimmer, or get a degree.
> Just work, and you'll make it.
>
>> Actually doing that harm is, or at least should be, although sadly
>> when we allow the psychopaths to make the rules, they tend to make
>> rules that allow themselves to prosper at our expense.
>
> Hmmmm... and probably one in three is paranoid?

Paranoia is a typically schizophrenic tendency.  Schizophrenia occurs
with one in every thousand people.  It's a genetically caused disorder,
resulting from a combination of multiple genes.  It's also progressive
in that it affects more of the brain over time if not treated properly.

--
With kind regards,

*Aragorn*
(Registered Gnu/Linux user #223157)