Microsoft Hatred FAQ

Matt Garrish matthew.garrish at sympatico.ca
Sat Oct 15 22:55:17 EDT 2005

"John Bokma" <john at castleamber.com> wrote in message
news:Xns96F0C5CC4C14Dcastleamber at 130.133.1.4...
> "Matt Garrish" <matthew.garrish at sympatico.ca> wrote:
>
>> Eventually the hope is that your OS and browser
>> will become the only means of accessing the internet. And if your OS
>> and browser are the only way to access the Internet, who in their
>> right mind would use another system?
>
> It's not happening, so what are you talking about? Any developer hoping
> the above has no clue what he/she is developing.

What happened is irrelevant to what the desire was of M$ when it set out to
take the browser market away from Netscape. When you control the OS market
and make your browser a tied component of it and to the benefit of yourself
only, you limit the ability of anyone else to compete.

I'm still waiting for you to enlighten the rest of us as to the real reason,
though. The anti-trust case that they lost would tend not to bode well for
whatever altruistic argument you might have. I'd also like to hear how MS
Java and jscript show a desire for people to be using anything but M$
products to access or publish pages on the Internet?

Matt