Microsoft Hatred FAQ

Sat Oct 15 23:09:35 EDT 2005

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 00:47:09 +0000, John Bokma wrote:

> Ok, let me spell it out for you: If all your applications are web based,
> and the OS shouldn't matter, why do Linux distributions matter? It
> doesn't matter which one you use to run, for example, OpenOffice. Yet
> people pick a certain distribution. Why? Well, one reason is that people
> like to belong to a group. So even if it really doesn't matter which OS
> you are going to use to access a web application, or even which browser,
> people will pick a certain browser, and a certain OS, just because.

Dude, do you think that Microsoft gives a rat's tail[1] for what a handful
of computer enthusiasts and geek programmers pick? They want to control
the business world, and believe me, corporations don't pick the OS of
their computer because they want to join a community, they pick the OS
that lets them run the applications that their business needs to run.

Operating-system independent browser-based applications threaten the
ability of Microsoft to tie that choice to Windows. That is why MS decided
to bundle IE with Windows and (try to) kill off Netscape as a competitor.

[1] Or any other part of the rat.

--
Steven.