Python adodb

gt_mac at yahoo.com gt_mac at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 12 19:04:06 EDT 2005

In trying to use the adodb module, I have had good success. However I
need to access a database with a username and password at this time.
And cannot find a way to do it without using a ODBC or other older
techniques. Can someone help me with this, below is the code I am
currently attempting to use. I am just not sure where to place the
username and password information or how to pull this from a text file.

import mx.ODBC.Windows
import adodb
import win32com.client

con = win32com.client.Dispatch(r'ADODB.Connection')
DSN = 'Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:/test.mdb;'
con.Open(DSN)
rs = win32com.client.Dispatch(r'ADODB.Recordset')
rs_name = 'testtbl'
rs.Open("SELECT * FROM testtbl", con)