Microsoft Hatred FAQ

Lasse Vågsæther Karlsen lasse at vkarlsen.no
Thu Oct 27 09:09:32 EDT 2005

David Schwartz wrote:
> Iain King wrote:
>

>>Don't you see how your metaphor doesn't work?
>

>     No.
>

>>It would only be
>>fitting if Microsoft OWNED the outlet.
>

>     Huh?

I would think that if I set up a shop and wanted to have the word
"Microsoft" as part of the shop name, there would be some rules
dictating what products I could and could not sell, yes. Wether those
rules are set forth in a law somewhere or Microsoft set them forth
themselves, I would find it hard to believe that the law would prohibit
them from doing so.

Otherwise I could set up a shop, call it "Microsoft Porsgrunn" and sell
machines with only Linux installed.

I think Microsoft would be allowed to say "No, you can't do that".

--
Lasse Vågsæther Karlsen
http://usinglvkblog.blogspot.com/
mailto:lasse at vkarlsen.no