Client/Server socket send user input

jas codecraig at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 15:39:06 EDT 2005

I even tried inserting a "\r" or "\r\n" or "\n" to stdout, also tried
the same using msvcrt.putch() ...but no luck.  I still have to hit
enter to get the prompt , where I can then type a command and hit
enter.

For example, I get this displayed:
[example]
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\>[cursor_is_here]
[/example]

...so I type something like.."ver" but I get

[example]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
NameError: name 'ver' is not defined

[/example]

Now, if I start over and have...

[example]
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\>[cursor_is_here]
[/example]

..and I press the Enter key I end up with

[example]
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\>

>>>[cursor_is_here]
[/example]

So, I get the prompt, I hit enter, which then displays the ">>>" ..and
if I type "ver" there, I get back what I expect.

I just wish I didn't have to hit enter before being able to type a
command.