Yes, this is a python question, and a serious one at that (moving to Win XP)

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Fri Oct 14 06:43:12 EDT 2005

Christian Stapfer wrote:
> 0.0. ... and add an item to your SendTo folder that allows
> you to have Windows Explorer open a terminal window with its
> current directory set to the currently displayed folder
> (= "Open terminal here").

Or install the "Command Prompt Here" gadget that MS produces, which has
a massive installer and a click-through license thing and everything,
just to open a freakin' prompt at a given directory.  I'm continually
amazed by how these little bits of knowledge (like the one Christian
provides above and which I never knew before) have to be disseminated
through the grass roots, so to speak.  Definitely like the MS world is
not set up for real developers easily to be productive.

-Peter