suggestions between these two books

Wed Oct 26 09:50:41 EDT 2005

Hi all. I'm fairly new to programming and I thought I'd like to try
Python. I'm trying to decide between these two books:

Learning Python (O'Reilly)
Beginning Python: From Novice to Professional (APress)

and I was hoping you might have some suggestions. LP seems to be a good
intro, but the other was published only a month ago and covers 2.4. So
one question would be, is 2.2 different enough from 2.4 to warrant
getting the newer book for that reason?

I might end up getting both eventually, but to start with I'm not sure
which to choose.

Thanks!