pyparallel and MAKE controller board for CRYDOM AC/DC switches

Richard Siderits rsiderits at verizon.net
Mon Oct 10 21:22:37 EDT 2005

Greetings.  I am trying to write a small application for controlling CRYDOM
AC and DC switches from the parallel port using pyparallel.  The project is
described in the latest issue of MAKE magazine Vol.3 pg 86.  All of the
examples are in C, VB, Linux, Unix but not a thing in Python.  Seems like a
perfect application for a Python program or even a simple windowed app.
Problem is I'm stuck.  How, for example, would I format the setData() to
turn off data PIN 3?   If I knew that then.. Life, the Universe and
Everything would be better.

Progress so far:

import parallel, time, ctypes
p=parallel.Parallel(1)