can we save print msg into a file when script running ?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Oct 12 03:13:12 EDT 2005

black wrote:
> hi all~
>
> in my .py file there are a few print to trace out some message and i
> wonder if we can save it into a specified file when that script get
> running. if so, i may just check that file to c how the script is
> running. can anyone show me a right direction ?
>
> one million tks~

On Unix platforms you can run your script with a redirection of the
standard output:

python myscript.py > somefile.txt &

[The ampersand runs the command in the background]. Then you can monitor
the content of the output file with

tail -f somefile.txt

which will show you the last part of the file and further additions as
long as you let the tail command run.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119