Looking for info on Python's memory allocation

R Toop toop82 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 10 22:52:26 EDT 2005

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2003-December/198141.html

wherein Tim gently corrects my brash guess that Python lists are
pointer-linked.
The example's linearly-constructed list is allocated by doubling storage,
copying & freeing (cf realloc).
The result that the process virtual memory is twice the size of the list,
more or less, with the freed predecessor chunks on the process heap, but not
released to the operating system.
This only SEEMS to use as much memory as pointer-linked elements would do.
Hope this URL helps.

-Bob

news:434B1A99.8040107 at REMOVEMEcyber.com.au...