Microsoft Hatred FAQ

John Bokma john at castleamber.com
Sun Oct 16 23:33:25 EDT 2005

Roedy Green <my_email_is_posted_on_my_website at munged.invalid> wrote:

> On 16 Oct 2005 05:22:47 GMT, John Bokma <john at castleamber.com> wrote
> or quoted :
>
>>No, it's a recommendation, an advise, nothing else. Otherwise they
>>would call it a standard. Why do you think W3C calls it
>>recommendations? Because it are no standards. There is an ISO HTML
>>standard though, but when people babble about HTML standards they talk
>>about W3C *recommendations*.
>
> What do you think the Internet is based on?  RFCs.

Yup, I know. Hence no standards.

Like I said: there is ISO HTML, and there is a w3c HTML 4.01
recommendation. The former is a standard, the latter is a defacto standard.
For some the difference does matter.

--
John                   Small Perl scripts: http://johnbokma.com/perl/
               Perl programmer available:     http://castleamber.com/