Jargons of Info Tech industry

John Bokma john at castleamber.com
Sat Oct 8 19:41:07 EDT 2005

Rich Teer <rich.teer at rite-group.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 9 Oct 2005, Lasse Vågsæther Karlsen wrote:
>
>> But trying to keep your email world into a pure text-based
>> no-formatting-whatsoever world, that's a fantasy bubble that is bound to
>> burst, sooner rather than later.
>
> Not here.  I've configured my email server to reject HTML emails
> before I even see them, and more often tham not I'll delete any
> others that sneak through the gate.

Good for you. If I do that, I lose some customers. Your private war is a
joke, and one day you'll wake up. What a waste of energy.

> If people want me to read their email, they should send it to me
> in an open, universal format, which for email is plain text.  It's
> as simple as that.

Is Unicode allowed, or is 7 bit ASCII the only right way?

--
John                   Small Perl scripts: http://johnbokma.com/perl/
               Perl programmer available:     http://castleamber.com/