need start point for getting html info from web

Sun Oct 30 23:41:34 EST 2005

<nephish at xit.net> wrote in message
news:1130724071.688187.59230 at g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> hey there,
>
> i have a small app that i am going to need to get information from a
> few tables on different websites. i have looked at urllib and httplib.
> the sites i need to get data from mostly have this data in tables. So
> that, i think would make it easier. Anyone suggest a good starting
> point for me to find out how to do this, or know of a link to a good
> how-to?
> thanks,
> sk

pyparsing comes with a simple HTML scraper example for extracting the NIST
NTP servers from an HTML table.  pyparsing is also fairly tolerant of
"unclean" HTML.  Download pyparsing at http://pyparsing.sourceforge.net.

-- Paul