Very dumb question

Laszlo Zsolt Nagy gandalf at designaproduct.biz
Wed Oct 12 10:49:03 EDT 2005

>I assume the code snippets are exact copy/paste so this is not a typo
>(like print data[51:] ...) - and I can't reproduce it here... even with
>a string of 20381 characters.

Yes, they were cut out. type(data) returns '<type str>'.
The data was downloaded from a website, it starts with

Even if it had special control characters in it, I do not understand the
effect (printing only the first 50 chars).
But probably it is an issue with the terminal, since it is working fine
on Windows.

  Les