Expanding Python as a macro language

qwweeeit at yahoo.it qwweeeit at yahoo.it
Mon Oct 31 03:52:19 EST 2005

I am further commenting on new replies.

Mike Meyer wrote:
> In general, application scripting facilities are one thing that Unix
> hasn't dealt with well.
> ...so each application is left up to it's own devices.
> Some of them now export APIs that can be hooked up to a variety of
> languages.

Now I understand why I have found so many difficulties!...
An example of APIs is those available for better controlling Google
search engine.

Unfortunately all that leaves the need of specific programming for
each case... I am obliged to learn C++ and Qt (in particular
inter-process communication).

About SPE, he is a little beside the point, but I insisted so much on
web examples...

Alex Martelli wrote:
> "General purpose" is, I believe, an overbid here --

Perhaps you are right, but for me a macro language
(like for ex. AutoIt) is very general, being only a mean of emulating
the user, running automatically external applications.

> applications are able to detect as being simulated, if they
> want to implement very strong security.
> If you want security, don't complain about the existence of security.

Never complained... I was only favorably impressed by the
sophistication reached for assuring stronger security.

At last a new entry (has) completely off the point (FWIW > FICCL!...).

Bye.