Microsoft Hatred FAQ

George Sakkis gsakkis at rutgers.edu
Sat Oct 15 03:01:56 EDT 2005

Keith Thompson wrote:

> "kasimir.g at gmail.com" <kasimir.g at gmail.com> writes:
> > Hm... What does this have to do with Perl?
> >
> > Why did you post this in comp.lang.perl.misc?
>
> He posted this in comp.lang.python, comp.lang.perl.misc,
> comp.unix.programmer, comp.lang.java.programmer, *and*
> comp.os.linux.misc because he's a troll.
>
> I wish I could say that he'll go away if we ignore him.  I can say,
> however, that ignoring him will minimize his impact.  In the past, his
> rants have led to long rambling arguments across multiple newsgroups,
> none of them relevant to any point that might be made -- which is
> probably exactly what he wants.

Exactly, Mr. Lee is a self-proclaimed troll
(http://xahlee.org/Netiquette_dir/troll.html). Actually he seems to be
more than a plain troll; the style of many of his posts is indicative
of one or more mental disorders, so he'll probably continue trolling
even if he's ignored. Nevertheless, I agree that ignoring him will
minimize his impact.