gprof results

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Mon Oct 17 15:13:56 EDT 2005

Dave wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I googled to find an answer for my question, but had
> no luck. I'm trying to profile a Python program using
> gprof, but I don't understand what _moncount and
> mcount are. I couldn't find their source code under
> Python source tree. moncount takes about 30% of my
> program... What are _moncount and mcount for? Are they
> functions or variables? Any ideas?
>
> Thank you for your help!

Do you realise that you won't get any useful information about the
Python program using gprof? That will give you information about the
performance of the python interpreter itself, somewhat unrelated to the
Python program it's running.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119