Absolultely confused...

Jeremy Moles jeremy at emperorlinux.com
Wed Oct 5 21:58:48 EDT 2005

So, here is my relevant code:

	PyArg_ParseTuple(args, "O!", &PyType_vector3d, &arg1)

And here ismy error message:

	argument 1 must be pylf.core.vector3d, not pylf.core.vector3d

I know PyType_vector3d "works" (as I can use them in the interpreter all
day long), and I know I'm passing a pylf.core.vector3d (well, apparently
not...)

I've spent hours and hours on this and I'm finally just giving up and
asking. I've tried everything to get my program to verify that arg1 is
really a PyType_vector3d, but to no avail.

If I take out the "!" in the format string and just use "O", I can at
least get past PyArg_ParseTuple. Then I try something like...

	PyObject_TypeCheck(arg1, &PyType_vector3d)

Which also fails, but I know for a fact that arg1's PyObject_Repr is
what it should be. (pylf.core.vector3d)

I guess my question is: what in the world could be causing this to fail?
It seems like I'm just not able to use ParseType or BuildValue to create
objects of my own type.

I know I haven't provided a lot of information, but does anyone have any
ideas or where I should start looking?