Jargons of Info Tech industry

Stefaan A Eeckels tengo at DELETEMEecc.lu
Thu Oct 13 18:52:17 EDT 2005

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 22:04:14 GMT
Roedy Green <my_email_is_posted_on_my_website at munged.invalid> wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 00:42:18 +0200, Stefaan A Eeckels
> <tengo at DELETEMEecc.lu> wrote or quoted :
>
> >"I don't understand that attitude.  Don't we want email that has
> > dancing bears, cute little videos, musical tunes, animated waving
> > hands, sixty fonts, and looks like it's been done with crayolas?
> > Good grief, man, think like a three year old!"
>
> that excuse could also be used to explain why you have not cracked a
> book since high school.  The same tools that create dancing bears can
> do a UML diagram.

Mine doesn't. Stick figures is as far as it'll go.

Specific document formats can be attached to an email without any
problems. When exact rendering is important, the appropriate format
(e.g. PDF) can be used. Only a fool would want his email program to
render a UML diagram (which is far more than a cute drawing done in
Visio, in case you hadn't noticed).

--
Stefaan