Web presentation layer/framework for python - recommendations?

Anthony.Hornby at cdu.edu.au Anthony.Hornby at cdu.edu.au
Wed Oct 26 19:29:47 EDT 2005

Hi,
I am a python newbie and need some advice.
I have been charged with redeveloping a web application with a front end written in python that has a backend of XML files.
Currently it doesn't adequately separate out the presentation code from the content code.
Frankly it’s a mess (think bowl of spagetti).

Does anyone have any recommendations for python toolkits or templating systems that would simplify the cleanup and make the code more maintainable in the future? I am a newbie, but not afraid to have a go. I also haven't done any real application programming for a while - bit of perl and java stuff a few years back. Just do perl/python/shell scripting these days.

All comments welcome :-)

Regards Anthony.

 Mr Anthony Hornby
Library Systems and Technology Coordinator
Charles Darwin University (CRICOS 300K)
Phone: +61 8 8946 6011
Email: anthony.hornby at cdu.edu.au.no-spam
(remove the .no-spam)