UI toolkits for Python

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Wed Oct 19 11:16:06 EDT 2005

Mark Roseman wrote:
> What I'm suggesting is taking the effort you'd put to the 5%, and
> applying that effort instead to making the 95% even better.  If that
> extra effort would affect conversion rates, it's a justifiable option.

Yes, but isn't this where the 90/10 rule kicks in? In other words, you
transfer the effort from the 5% of users you don't care about, but then
just end up adding polish to the "majority" solution which doesn't
significantly improve conversion rates, all because you've done the
most effective work to "convert" those users already.

In this case it's even more perilous: adding "polish" could quite
easily eliminate parts of your audience, resulting in an only slightly
more plush red carpet being offered to significantly fewer people.

Paul