UI toolkits for Python

Kenneth McDonald kenneth.m.mcdonald at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 17 13:19:22 EDT 2005

Web interfaces are missing a lot more than this. Here are just a few
things that cannot be done with web-based interfaces (correct me
where I'm wrong):

1) A real word processor.
2) Keybindings in a web application
3) Drag and drop
4) Resizable windows (i.e. not the browser window) within the
application.
5) Anything other than absolutely trivial graphical programs.

State is a very small part of the whole thing. Progress is being
made, but web interfaces are still basically forms that can contain
buttons, checkboxes, text fields, and a few other basic controls. I
wish it were otherwise.

Ken