MS Word Outline -> reStructuredText script?

Franz GEIGER fgeiger at datec.at
Sat Oct 15 03:11:17 EDT 2005

Jim wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using reStructuredText as a format for some group documentation,
> and often my co-workers take notes during meetings in Word's outline
> mode.  Does anyone already have a python script that will convert from
> Word (or the Open Office file format version of a word document) to
> reStructured Text?

Not a direct answer to your problem, but: Have a look at Leo! Leo is an
outstanding outliner, written in Python. I do all formatting with reST and
the convert it into LATEX and/or HTML. Everything's built in already,
either in Python or in Leo. Perhaps you can convert your co-workers using
Leo?

> If not I've got a fun project ahead of me.
>
> Thanks,
> -Jim

HTH
Franz GEIGER