Does Asyncore Send require newline?

John W jmw136 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 21:50:46 EST 2005

Hello,

I have a test environment that consists of a server and an application that
opens an asyncore socket and communicates with it.

In my application, on the handle_write call, if I do not append a "\n" to my
message the server never gets the message. If I do append it, the server can
read the message and act accordingly.

So my call looks like this:
self.send( message] + "\n")

Is this how it was designed? Do you have to send a '\n' to have the data
read? I can't find a whole lot of documentation on the send method.

If you could offer some help, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

John