Batteries Included?

en.karpachov at ospaz.ru en.karpachov at ospaz.ru
Tue Oct 11 06:05:42 EDT 2005

On 11 Oct 2005 00:10:01 -0700
Paul Rubin wrote:

> Personally I think including a .exe packager in Python would be a
> great idea.  As a Linux user I can't easily run Windows-specific
> utilities like Inno Setup.  So I don't have a good way to make .exe's
> from my Python code that Windows users can easily run.  Having a cross
> platform .exe packager included with Python would be useful the same
> way cross compilers are useful.  I'm using an x86 computer but I can
> easily configure gcc to produce ARM code.  Why shouldn't my Linux
> Python installation be able to produce Windows .exe's?

Because you can't run it yourself? If you cannot run the freshly-made exe
yourself, why would you want to distrubute it, without even trying? But if
you can, then you can run the InnoSetup as well.

But, for me, I don't care whether such an option will be included or not. I
won't object anyway.

--
jk