Microsoft Hatred FAQ

Eike Preuss mail at eikepreuss.de
Tue Oct 25 08:06:20 EDT 2005

David Schwartz wrote:
> "Peter T. Breuer" <ptb at oboe.it.uc3m.es> wrote in message
> news:okh133-n3l.ln1 at news.it.uc3m.es...
>

>>3) there are plenty of other OSs that are developed or could be
>>developed but which cannot get a foothold or even manage to be put on
>>the shelves because the majority product producer insists on charging
>>hardware manufacturers for every box produced, whether or not it carries
>>their o/s, and does other nasty things like sabotaging their own
>>products so they won't work with a clone o/s.
>

>     How could he resell an OS that "could be developed"? If nobody wants
> these operating systems, then it doesn't hurt him not to be able to sell
> them. If people want them, then he could have shown Microsoft the door.
Shouldn't it be my right as a seller, to decide that I want to sell an
operating system 'that nobody wants' _as well as_ operating systems that
'everybody wants'? So it *hurts* me if I am not able to sell these. That
it doesn't hurt me financially doesn't mean that it doesn't hurt me
(e.g. my freedom, ideas of morality, whatever).

[big snip]

EP