security

Mattia Adami am_public at email.it
Tue Oct 25 09:38:03 EDT 2005

Hi to all.
I'm intristing in write a plugin for browsers that can execute python
code.
I know the main problem is security. Many thread were opened about this
in the ng.
I would know if fork python rewriting some library could avoid
problems. I.e. one problem is the possibility to access files. If I
rewrite the open() function so that raises exception if the program try
to access a file out of a defined directory.
I'm sure not a security expert, so please be patient if my question is
stupid.
Thanks to all.