Microsoft Hatred FAQ

John Bokma john at castleamber.com
Wed Oct 19 05:08:08 EDT 2005

Jerzy Karczmarczuk <karczma at info.unicaen.fr> wrote:

[ this thread ]
> The pollution *is* there, despite the possibility of individual
> screening. The subject and the contents violates some basic nsgroup
> principles, such as topicality. One to ten irrelevant postings do no
> harm. More than hundred - become annoying. Cross-posting to 5 groups
> is bad. Please go away.

The problem is that adding "please stop, please go away" postings to this
thread have 0 effect. Or worse, people posting such messages, and tweaking
the FollowUp-To: header resulting in more and more pollution.

It doesn't work, sad but true. Best is to kill the entire thread, hope the
long discussion stays in it, and dies out, and doesn't spark similar
discussions.

Also refraining from posting to any thread started by Xah Lee (I guess it
was "our" troll again), no matter how tempting, might help (I am going to
try, again).

> Claiming that this is an interesting, "great" thread is utterly silly
> in this context. Shall Python newsgroup discuss the trial of Saddam
> Hussein as well?

And should it be crossposted to: comp.lang.perl.misc, comp.unix.programmer,
comp.lang.java.programmer, and comp.os.linux.misc?

--
John                   Small Perl scripts: http://johnbokma.com/perl/
               Perl programmer available:     http://castleamber.com/