Can Python replace TCL/Expect

Jorgen Grahn jgrahn-nntq at algonet.se
Fri Oct 7 08:50:19 EDT 2005

On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 17:08:03 GMT, Cameron Laird <claird at lairds.us> wrote:
> In article <slrndkae7r.2ss.jgrahn-nntq at frailea.sa.invalid>,
> Jorgen Grahn  <jgrahn-nntq at algonet.se> wrote:
> 			.
>>It depends. I do not feel /that/ advanced, but I've been bitten by pexpect's
>>limitations several times in several places.
>>
>>... which puts me in a weird position ;-) I /loathe/ the Tcl language, but I
>>have to admit that its expect functionality is far superior to Python's.
> 			.
> 			.
> 			.

> On to more constructive matters:  what are you doing about
> Pexpect's limitations?  Have the maintainers responded to you
> when you write?  Are you tempted to compose enhancements for
> yourself?

There is hobby hacking, and there is work. I've encountered pexpect during
work, and haven't had the time and energy to look into it. I hereby
apologize to the pexpect developers. Not for whining, but for not helping
out.

/Jorgen

--
  // Jorgen Grahn <jgrahn@       Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
\X/                algonet.se>   R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!